The creamy and flavorful smokey Dip black-eyed pea hummus without tahini is a wonderful snack that is gluten-free and dairy free. This hummus goes well with the crispy bread slices and crackers.
This unique and mouth watering recipe will put a delightful spin on the traditional hummus. If you are searching for not free alternative or want to try something new then black-eyed pea hummus recipe is the best choice. This article will guide you through the process of creating the best and smooth black-eyed pea hummus without tahini recipe.
|Recipe Name||Black-Eyed Pea Hummus Without Tahini|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Additional Time||10 minutes|
|Total Time||50 minutes|
- 1 What is Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini?
- 2 Ingredients:
- 3 Equipment:
- 4 Step-by-Step Recipe Guide for Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini
- 5 Health benefits of Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini:
- 6 Tips
- 7 Conclusion
What is Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini?
Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini is a variation of the classic hummus recipe. In which we are using Black Eyed Peas as a base ingredient.
The result is a creamy and flavor fully which will offer a unique list on the traditional hummus and best option for the people allergic with tahini.
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Dash of paprika
- Food processor or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Serving dish
Step-by-Step Recipe Guide for Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini
Prepare the Black-Eyed Peas
Wash Black Eyed Peas in running water and cook them according to instruction on the package, or you can buy canned Black Eyed Peas from the store.
Blending all the ingredients
Add cooked Black Eyed Peas, chopped garlic cloves, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, pepper, and paprika into a food processor or blender and blend them into paste.
You can add a Pinch of cayenne or pepper and herbs to get an extra burst of flavor.
Taste Black Eyed Peas hummus and adjust seasoning according to your taste .You can add, salt, pepper, and spices if you want.
Serve and Garnish
Transfer the Black Eyed Pea hummus into a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with some chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
Health benefits of Black-Eyed Pea Hummus without Tahini:
- High fiber promoting healthy digestion and bowel regularity.
- This is a good source of plant based protein which is essential for your muscle repair and growth.
- Black Eyed Peas contains antioxidants that will protect you from oxidative stress and also reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Provides essential nutrients like iron, magnesium potassium, and folate.
- If you don’t know how to cook Black Eyed Peas then you can choose canned peas.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste preferences.
- You can also experiment with additional ingredients like cayenne pepper, herbs, or roasted garlic for added flavor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy by scraping down the sites of the blender or food processor.
Black-eyed pea hummus without tahini to the traditional hummus recipe. This recipe can be tried with crispy bread, bread sticks, etc. With the unique blend of flavors and impressive health benefits .This has a stable position in many cuisines.
If you like it, comment your feedback in the comment section and also share it in your social media.
Thank you !!!
Can you substitute black-eyed peas for chickpeas?
Yes, you can replace black-eyed peas for chickpeas in your recipes .they both has same taste and looks .you can substitute any white bean for chickpeas such as white kidney beans, butter beans.
Do black-eyed peas need to be soaked?
No, it is not necessary to soak Black Eyed Peas you can directly wash with running water and start cooking.cook them in pressure cooker to cook faster.
Why put baking soda in black-eyed peas?
By adding baking soda it will help to tenderize and adds flavor in the black-eyed peas.
Is it healthy to eat black-eyed peas every day?
Yes, you can eat them but in moderate quantities. Black Eyed Peas are very nutritious and have many health benefits. They will help in weight loss, improve heart health.