Are you searching for a classic Pie recipe to capture the essence of Summer? Then Blueberry Pie recipe with frozen blueberries is a perfect recipe. The combination of juiciness from the blueberries, the buttery crust and a small hint of tartness will make the Blueberry Pie recipe an irreplaceable treat for any kind of occasion. Fresh blueberries are always preferred whereas frozen blueberries will dominate the fresh flavor of fresh blueberries.
We will guide you through this step-by-step process of making a Blueberry Pi recipe with frozen blueberries at home easily.
|Recipe Name||Homemade Blueberry Pie Recipe With Frozen Blueberries|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Additional Time||5 minutes|
|Total Time||55 minutes|
- 1 Ingredients for the blueberry pie recipe
- 2 Blueberry Pie Recipe With Frozen Blueberries
- 3 Tips for making a perfect Blueberry Pie recipe with frozen blueberries
- 4 Health Benefits of Blueberries
- 5 Conclusion
Ingredients for the blueberry pie recipe
Pie Crust :
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 4-6 tablespoons ice water
Blueberry Filling :
- 6 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
Blueberry Pie Recipe With Frozen Blueberries
Here are the preparation steps for making Blueberry pie recipe at home.
You can prepare Pie crust at your home from scratch, or you can buy it from a nearby store.
If you are preparing from scratch follow the steps:
Take care mixing ball and add flour, salt, and cold water. Mix them thoroughly without any crumbs.
Now slowly at ice water in the floor mixture and knead the dough until it becomes together.
Not take the door and divide into parts, Rapid with a plastic cover and refrigerate now roll the dough like chapatis.
In a large pan add frozen blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Heated on the low flame so that blueberries begin to release their liquid.
On the medium flame keep continuously steering the mixture. If you stop steering the mixture the cornstarch will settle at the bottom of the pan.
when the bubbles are coming from the Blueberry mixture continuously stir it. This will make it more thick.
Now pour hot Blueberry mixture in a large bowl, and keep it aside to cool down.
Take the dough from the refrigerator and roll half of the dough into a 10-inch chapati.
Set this rolled pie dough in the pie pan and leaving extra to overhang.
Take the another half of the dough do and roll it into a 10 in chapati. With the help of a knife cut the chapati into seven equal strips has shown in the image.
Pour the blueberry filling inside the pie pan and cover it with the strips we made from the dough.
Mix one egg with one spoon of water in a bowl mix thoroughly to mix together and brush it on the top of the pie crust.
Baking the Blueberry Pie:
After pouring the Blueberry filling in the pie and distribute evenly with a spoon.
Add a lattice or a second crust on top if desired.
Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 375 F for 40–45 minutes. or until the crust on the top becomes Golden in color.
Serving the Blueberry Pie:
Take the pie pan from the oven and keep it a side to complete a cool down to bring it to room temperature.
If you like to serve it Blueberry Pie in hot summer you can refrigerate it and serve it chilled.
And Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the top to make it more delicious.
Also read :Pioneer Woman Instant Pot Pot Roast
Tips for making a perfect Blueberry Pie recipe with frozen blueberries
- Soak frozen blueberries in water for an hour before cooking pie filling to ensure even cooking.
- Toss the blueberries in the cornstarch to thicken the feeling.
- At one teaspoon of lemon juice in the filling to enhance the flavors of Blueberry.
- Place a baking sheet below the pipe and to avoid spills in the oven.
- Allow the pipe to cool down completely before serving to your guests.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Blueberries are easily available year around.
- The frozen blueberries will be picked at peak rightness and frozen to lock the nutrients and flavors inside it.
- The rich aunty oxidants in the blueberries will help us to protect cells from damage and also reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Blueberries consists of high vitamin C and vitamin K which provide support to the immune system and also promotes healthy blood clotting.
- The dietary fibre in the blueberries will help in digestion and also promote healthy gut.
- Blueberries helps in lowering the blood pressure and also reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The low calorie content and height fibre content will help you in managing your weight.
- By adding this into your daily diet it will provide natural energy to your boy.
The Blueberry Pie recipe with frozen blueberries will offer it a delightful treat. You can prepare the Blueberry Pie recipe Easily by following the above step-by-step instructions.
If you like the recipe share it with your friends and family members and comment your feedback in a comment section.
Is blueberry pie filling gluten-free?
To make Blueberry Pie feeling we use most of the time sugar, flour, and other gluten ingredients. To make the gluten-free filling, use gluten-free ingredients.
Can you freeze blueberry pie?
Yes, you can freeze Blueberry Pie to store for a longer time.
Is blueberry pie healthy?
Blueberry Pie can be a healthier and desert if you use minimal sugar and whole grain flour are gluten-free Crush.
The most sugar you use it will become unhealthier.
How long is blueberry pie good for?
Blueberry Pie will be good for 2–3 days if you store it in your refrigerator.
Why is my blueberry pie runny?
There will be two reasons why you are Blueberry Pie is runny . The first is your feeling has too much liquid or the second your pie eye is not baked for enough time.
Should I thaw frozen blueberries before baking a pie?
It is not necessary to thaw blueberries Before baking You can use them directly in your Blueberry pie filling.
How do you defrost frozen blueberries quickly?
To defrost frozen blueberries quickly rinse them under the coal running water until thawed.