If you are thinking to make a delicious and flavorful vegetarian snack or appetizer, then you must try these corn ribs in Indian style.
This is made by cutting corn into ribs and marinating them in Indian spices along with lemon and mayonnaise, and then grilling or baking is done according to preference.
To make these corn ribs in Indian style, you only need some ingredients like Indian spices, lemon, mayonnaise, And chopped coriander follow my step-by-step instructions on How to make corn ribs Indian style. You will have a mouth-watering and unique dish for the occasion.
|Recipe Name||corn ribs Indian style|
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Total Time||12 minutes|
Type of recipe
Snack/Side dish for a party or BBQ
Why you should make these
Last time I hosted a BBQ party with my friends and colleagues in my backyard. We started cooking. After some time I realized one of my friend is a vegetarian, he is sitting without eating anything because the menu is filed with no veg items. Then I remembered this corn ribs in Indian style.
I quickly grabbed fresh corn from my fridge and sliced them into ribs into four pieces, and marinated them in Indian spices along with mayonnaise.
After 2 min marination, grilled them will spread full flavor and aroma in the backyard. I served it to my friend, and he was blown up with the taste and texture and asked how to make this recipe. Make these corn ribs in your next gatherings with your friends and family.
Ingredients with measurements
- 4-5 corn cobs
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- 1tablespoon oil
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Lemon juice and wedges for serving
How to make corn ribs Indian style
step 1: First, take fresh corn and wash them in water, talking with them about its future as a delicious snack.
step 2: Cut them into rib pieces with a knife, and show them who is boss!
step 3: In a bowl, add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, lime juice, and mayonnaise and mix them well .give a preparation and talk to them to work together to make ribs very tasty.
step 4: Now add ribs into the spice mix and massage them so that every nook is covered with the mix .give them some time to marinate and nap.
step 5: Now fire the grill and keep all the ribs on it to sizzle. Turn the other side to cook and motivate them to keep going.
step 6: Serve them in a plate with lemon wedges and coriander leaves, side sauce is optional
Suppose you don’t have any Indian spices at home. Don’t worry. You can replace them with other ingredients to make it more tasty.
- Red chilli Powder: you can replace red chilli powder with paprika or with the hot sauce to get the same flavor.
- Coriander Powder: If you don’t have coriander powder, you can ground cumin powder or curry powder.
- Garam masala: you can make your own garam masala by blending cinnamon, cloves cardamom and black pepper into powder.
- Chopped coriander: use parsley or cilantro if you don’t have coriander at home.
Tips for cutting corn Ribs easily
- Use fresh corn cobs for the best flavor and texture.
- Soak the corn ribs in water for 10–15 minutes before you start marinating to prevent drying.
- Adjust the spice levels according to your preference .you can make it more spicy or less spicy by increasing or decreasing the amount of red chili powder.
- Use the oven if you don’t have an oven for cooking ribs.
- You can serve corn ribs with dipping sauce, such as mint chutney or barbecue sauce.
This is the best vegetarian snack to add to your menu. With a blend of Indian spices, it will be tangy and sweet. You can serve it to your guests to impress them.
So give it a try right now and invite your friends for a backyard BBQ party. Comment any tips in the comment section.
What are corn ribs made of?
Corn ribs is a vegetarian snack which is tangy and sweet in taste. This is made with fresh sweet corn cut into ribs and marinated in spices later grilled or baked in the oven and served with lemon and chopped coriander leaves.
Who started the corn ribs trend?
Corn ribs have been invented by Chef Max Ng of Momofuku Ssam Bar, this came in 2017 social media post which was served in restaurant called fried curly corn-on-the-cob.
Are there any benefits to eating corn?
There are many benefits by eating corn. It is a source of vitamins and antioxidants which helps for healthy body. This also helps in preventing cancer for many people and eye problems