Mutton biryani is a South Asian cuisine loved by anyone across the world. Biryani is made by marinating the meat in spices and curd for some time, but if you are short of time, then you can prefer cooking biryani without marination.
Here is a delicious alternative where you can cook a mutton biryani recipe without marination for bachelor’s party by following these simple instructions.
|Mutton Biryani without Marination for Bachelor’s Party
|1 hour 30 minutes
|1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 Mutton Biryani Ingredients:
- 2 Step-by-step instructions to make Mutton Biryani Recipe Without Marination For Bachelors Party
- 3 Substitutions
- 4 Cucumber Garlic And Mint Raita:
- 5 Tips to make mutton biryani without marination.
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQs
- 7.1 What is the secret ingredient for biryani?
- 7.2 How to tenderize mutton for biryani?
- 7.3 What is the best combination for mutton biryani?
- 7.4 Which masala is best for mutton biryani
- 7.5 What is the reason for adding curd in biryani?
- 7.6 What is the ratio of rice to meat in biryani?
- 7.7 Can I skip Yogurt in biryani?
Mutton Biryani Ingredients:
Mutton is a good source of protein and vitamin B12 and B6.it also contains high iron content, which helps in red blood cell production.
Basmati rice is a type of that has long grains with more aroma and flavor .this rice is good source of carbohydrates and has low fat.
Onions contain antioxidants which help in reducing inflammations.it is also a source of vitamin C and fiber, which adds sweetness and depth to the biryani.
Ginger garlic paste
Ginger garlic paste is made b blending fresh ginger and garlic into a smooth paste. This is a very common ingredient in Indian cuisines, which adds flavor and has antibacterial properties.
Tomatoes add acidity to the biryani, which balances the flavors. This is rich in vitamin C and potassium.
Yogurt adds creaminess and balances the spice level in the recipe.
Garam masala powder
This powder is a blend of different spices, which adds warmth to the biryani.
It is used in biryani recipes for cooking the ingredients and frying the onions.
Cloves contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric powder adds natural color and flavor to the recipe. This had antioxidant properties that help in curing many diseases.
Ingredients with measurements :
- 500g mutton
- 3 cups of basmati rice
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups of water
Step-by-step instructions to make Mutton Biryani Recipe Without Marination For Bachelors Party
As we are making mutton biryani without marination, there is no prior preparation.
- Rinse the basmati or brown rice in cold water and soak it for 10 minutes.
- Take a large pan and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion to the oil and fry them until golden brown color.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes after adding ginger garlic paste so that the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies and cook for 2–3 minutes until tomatoes become soft.
- Add washed mutton pieces to the pan and cook until they are brown on all sides.
- 4 cups of water are added and bring it to a boil on medium flame.
- Now add drained rice into the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid, reduce to low flame, and cook it for 20–25 minutes until the rice fully cooked and water is absorbed.
- Please turn off the stove and rest it aside for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve.
- You can use chicken or beef instead of mutton.
- If basmati rice is unavailable at home, you can use brown or white rice instead.
- Make it healthier and more nutritious by adding vegetables like a carrot.
Cucumber Garlic And Mint Raita:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- Take a bowl and add yogurt, whisk until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped garlic, fresh mint, and cucumber in yogurt.
- Add salt to taste and mix them well again.
- You can add cumin and chili powder to get extra flavor.
- Refrigerate it for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and mint and serve with biryani, or pulao, or you can serve this as a snack dip.
Tips to make mutton biryani without marination.
- Always use a heavy-bottomed pan or a pot to avoid burning or sticking.
- The spice level depends on one’s own choices. If you like more spicy, then adjust the spice levels.
- To make biryani healthier and more flavorful, add carrots, peas, or potatoes.
- Adding saffron milk to biryani enhances the look and aroma.
- It is recommended to use butter or ghee on the top before serving.
This quick and easy Mutton Biryani Recipe Without Marination For Bachelors Party or any occasion is perfect who run out of time. This recipe will be in first if you want to impress your South Indian guests.
What is the secret ingredient for biryani?
The secret ingredient in making biryani is saffron, which adds golden color to rice and a distinct aroma. This is typically added to milk in a small bowl and spread on the top at the end of the cooking process.
How to tenderize mutton for biryani?
There are many methods for tenderizing mutton to make mutton biryani. You can marinate mutton in yogurt and spices. If you have less time, pressure-cook it before adding it to biryani.
What is the best combination for mutton biryani?
The best combination for mutton biryani is
Cold beverages like lemonade
Which masala is best for mutton biryani
The best masala for mutton biryani is a mixture of coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, and red chili powder.
Or you can buy ready-made mutton masala packs from brands like Everest, MTR, etc.
What is the reason for adding curd in biryani?
Curd is used during marination to tenderize the mutton and add a tangy flavor to the meat. Curd helps in balancing the spice levels in the biryani.
What is the ratio of rice to meat in biryani?
The ratio of rice to meat in biryani is 2:1 means that if you use one cup of meat, add 2 cups of rice. This will vary depending on personal preference.
Can I skip Yogurt in biryani?
Yes, you can skip yogurt in biryani, but this will affect the flavor and the texture of the biryani.